Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing the size of a plasma ball, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- I like the waves coming out of…this plasma ball particularly the…way that they wrap around this hand.…But the ball itself is too large.…I want that kept just within the…size of the screen.…If we make the whole of this layer smaller,…well the plasma ball will get smaller,…but then the whole thing will get smaller…and we'll miss out the edges.…We want to find a way to reduce…just the ball area.…And we can do that with a filter.…We'll go to Layer, New Live Filter Layer…and we'll chose Pinch/Punch.…
With this filter, if we drag to the right,…we Punch, we make it bigger.…And you can just see the change here,…it's quite hard to see on this size.…Let's pick it up and move it.…And you can see there's a very small effect.…We can make that larger by increasing the radius.…There we go.…We wanted over the plasma ball…so let's move it over here.…Now as I said, Punch makes it larger,…Pinch pinches it in and makes it smaller.…
So let's drag this all the way to the left.…And now our plasma ball is neatly reduced.…We could carry on moving the effect around…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.