Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting selections on adjustments, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here's the result of that hue saturation…luminosity adjustment we made earlier…that turned this dress from blue to green.…But as you can see,…it has brought some green out into the shadows.…We want to get rid of that.…There was originally deep blue in those shadows…and I want to keep it.…So the question is…how can we make this adjustment…affect only this area…and not this section of the image?…The answer as it turns out is very straightforward…because every adjustment layer…has a built-in layer mask.…
If we switch to the brush tool,…we can paint over it.…As I move the brush around,…you can see the area that I've covered by the brush…is now showing blue rather than green underneath it.…Now this is the way that brushes work…in Affinity Photo.…The brush will always give you a preview…of the effect it's going to have.…That means we can just paint over this…and as we paint over this area,…all of that green effect is disappearing…and just…leaving…the green on the dress.…
If I move the brush over here,…you can see we could've painted out selectively…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.