Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting adjustments in Refine Selection, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So we've looked at these sliders and the trouble…with the sliders is they control the whole image…and very often we want to work selectively on it.…Now as we move the cursor over the image,…you can see the circle that's showing a brush is selected.…Let's make that a little bit smaller,…we can do that using the square bracket keys,…and as we drag over areas such as the hair…you can see it's highlighted…and we let go, that hair now becomes more refined.…
If we switch to the black matte,…you can see it's actually taken out all that white.…Actually it's taken out a bit too much of it…and the reason for that is because we upped the smoothing.…Let's take the smoothing value down…and now you can see there's the hair…creeping back in.…And let's fix that ramp back.…And that is the kind of effect that we want.…Let's drag it over to the other side as well.…When we release the button,…there's that strand of hair that was missing before.…
The trouble is when we're looking at it against black,…we can't see what's missing.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.