Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying selections with Quick Mask mode, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here are our four windowpanes selected…along with the window boxes,…that we now want to deselect.…Previously, we looked at how we could deselect these…using the lasso tool, but that's rather fiddly.…Here's another approach.…If you press the letter Q on your keyboard,…then you go into Quick Mask mode.…And in Quick Mask, everything that is selected…is shown as clear, everything that is not selected…has this red overlay to it.…
And what's good about Quick Mask…is that we can use any of our Painting Tools…to make our selection.…So let's zoom in,…so we can see this more clearly.…Here, we can switch to the Brush Tool.…As we move the tool over the image,…the red circle shows where it's going to paint…when we press the button.…
If we hold the Control and Option keys together,…we can drag up and down on the tool…to make it harder and softer,…and we can drag left and right…to make it smaller and larger.…So let's go for a small tool.…We want to deselect this area…so we can just paint over this foliage.…And as we do so, we're not actually painting…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.