Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Masking hair, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- I want to add a guitarist to this image,…and have him bursting out of the screen.…So let's go ahead and open up our guitarist image.…This is the one I want to use it's a file called rockstar.…He's already been cut out and placed against a white…background but we need to remove that background.…Let's zoom in a bit.…There are several tools for doing this.…The one that seems the most obvious is to choose…Filters Color and Erase White Paper…because that's what this is designed for.…
But trouble is when we choose this not only had it erased…all the white in the background it also erased the white…in the guitar and indeed the highlights in the skin…and in the face and through this scarf.…If there were only a small amount of this leakage,…we could fix it by using the History Brush.…As we paint with this tool,…it reverts the image,…where we paint so it's like a selective undo.…
But trouble is there's just too much of it in this…image to be able to do that effectively.…So lets undo the Brush Tool,…and let's undo that Erase Paper command.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.