Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Mask a sitting figure to fit behind a desk, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- With our guitarist in place,…now let's put a man sitting in this chair…being blasted by this music.…We'll open him up.…Here's an image I've already cut out.…It's called Jumping.…And there is our jumping man.…He'll look rather good sitting in that chair.…Let's copy him,…go back to our montage,…and paste him in.…Now we can move him where we want him,…but he's facing the wrong way,…so we'll go to Arrange and Flip Horizontal.…
There he is, turned around.…Let's rotate him around so he can be sitting in that chair,…and scale him down.…And that looks about the right size…for the chair and the desk.…I think he's fitting rather neatly there.…You can see his hand is coming in front of the guitar.…Well, since he's behind the desk…and the computer's in front of the desk,…his hand needs to be behind that guitar.…
So let's move this layer.…First of all, we'll give it a name.…We can move him either by choosing…to move him back from the Arrange menu,…or we can use the shortcut COMMAND…and the square bracket,…or we can drag him.…When we drag him in the layer's panel,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.