Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Making global adjustments, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Within the Refine Selection dialog,…we've got all these sliders,…and they control the appearance of our selection.…If we look at the hair, we can see…that some of the background showing through up here…where it wasn't fully selected,…and on this side, there's some hair…that has been deselected has become part of the background,…and we want that brought into the foreground.…If we click and hold on the Border width,…you can see a very slight gray line…going around the edge of your image,…and that is the Selection Border.…
If we drag that up,…after a bit of calculation,…it makes that Border bigger,…we click on it, that's the new Border,…you can see it's much wider.…And you can see it has taken in…much more of the background inside the hair…and it's brought back this strand of hair on the left.…So as far as the hair goes, this is looking much better.…The trouble is, it's also fuzzing up this shoulder,…so it's treating the shoulder as if it was made of hair.…
It's giving us that kind of translucency we want from hair,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.