Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Localized adjustments using Curves, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- One of the most powerful adjustments is Curves.…This gives you all the features of…the level adjustment plus brightness…and contrast all in one.…So let's have a look at that.…We'll go to Layer, New Adjustment Layer,…and we'll choose Curves.…And you can tell it's an important one…because it had its own shortcut,…command M.…When you open up the Curves Adjustment…you don't see a curve but a straight line.…But what we could do here is…click on it and drag.…And as we drag down, it darkens it up.…
And as we drag up, it brightens it.…And that's where the curve comes from.…If we click once in the middle to pin it,…then by clicking above the curve or below it,…we get an extra anchor point.…And when we drag that, we can brighten it up.…In the highlights, darken it, in the shadows.…So producing an overall contrast effect.…And of course you can adjust the…midtone as well.…So that gives you a huge amount of…control over the total quality…and range of this image.…
Once again, we can also go in…and adjust each of the individual channels.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.