Go beyond the essentials and extend your knowledge of Affinity Photo. Learn how to restore hazy images, work with advanced blending controls, boost your productivity with macros, and more.
- Hi, I'm Steve Caplin, and welcome to Affinity Photo Advanced Techniques. I'll assume you've already watched my course on Affinity Photo Essential Training and that you know the basics of working with this innovative photo manipulation program. In this advanced course, we'll start by seeing how you can take a hazy image and quickly and painlessly restore it to full strength. In Chapter 2, we'll look at displacement maps and see how we can use them to make a flag look look as if it's rippling over the surface of a piece of silk, and we'll see how we can make that same flag look as if it's been painted onto a rough brick wall.
Chapter 3 is about creating a graffiti effect. We'll show how we can take a simple photograph and make it appear to have been spray painted onto a wall, while allowing the texture of the wall to show through. In Chapter 4, we'll see how to use edge detection to sharpen the edges of an image and how we can use the same technique to soften 3-D rendered edges that are too crisp. We'll look at using the high pass filter to boost an image without degrading it. Chapter 5 will examine some mathematical equations for creating interesting creative effects and for building endless wallpaper.
We'll also see how we can use the Affine filter to create seamless textures. In Chapter 6, we'll see how frequency separation can allow us to remove wrinkles and blemishes without erasing surface texture. Chapter 7 will show how to use blend options to remove the black background from this firework and how to use a parallel blend options to tuck that firework behind the trees. Perspective distortion's the theme of Chapter 8, with a number of different ways of making an image fit a skewed frame.
We'll also see how we can use two-point perspective to adjust a viewpoint of a scene and find out how two-point perspective can also be used to adjust individual elements so that they match the perspective of their background. In Chapter 9, we'll visit a wide range of techniques, from converting images to black and white to adjusting shadows and highlights, from using stacks to remove noise to creating a nighttime effect with a curved adjustment layer. And we'll also see the best way to add nondestructive shading to a layer.
Finally, in Chapter 10, we'll see how you can boost your productivity by defining your own keyboard shortcuts and creating macros that can perform complex tasks in an instant. Whatever your experience with Affinity Photo, you'll find techniques and inspiration here that can take you to new levels of skill and productivity. So dive in and experience the power of Affinity Photo for yourself.
- Applying the Haze Removal filter
- Using a rough displacement map
- Creating a graffiti effect
- Using edge detection for sharpening and softening
- Using the Equations filter
- Removing fine wrinkles and blemishes
- Using blend options
- Perspective distortion
- Converting images to black and white