Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- There's a lot more to Affinity Photo…than I've been able to cover in this…getting started guide.…For instance, you might like to…have a look at some of the Settings.…Under the View menu, you can see…that there are managers for snapping,…grids and axis where you can add…a grid and you can set the size of it.…There are controls for the way…different menu selections work.…For instance, if you apply an adjustment layer…to a selection you can tell it whether…to make that adjustment appear…as a new layer or whether to apply it…directly to the colored layer.…
There's a built in Media Browser.…You can drag your own folders in there…and then all the images in that folder…are made easily available through this browser.…You'll notice in the Tool bar,…it doesn't show the foreground…and background colors.…Well if you go to the View menu…and you undock the tools,…it becomes a floating panel…and there at the bottom is indictation…of your foreground and background colors.…
And that's particularly useful…when painting layer masks.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.