Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting photographic images, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When you're working in Affinity Photo…all your layers contribute to make up the final image.…When you want to send that to someone else,…you're going to want to flatten this most of the time…and you don't want to send them all the layers.…To do that, you have to export the file.…The quickest way to do that is to go to the File menu…and choose Export.…And this dialogue comes up.…There are several different formats we can use here…so let's take a look through them.…
The most common format is JPEG.…The JPEG file format is known as lossy,…which means you trade off a little bit of image quality…for the sake of greatly reduced files.…So this is the size at which we made this document,…2,750 pixels by 1743.…That just happens to be the size we're working on…because that was the size of the background.…If we want to save this for the web,…we're going to want to reduce this size.…Click on the word Size,…the field is selected for us,…and now we can type in say 800 pixels.…
And when I hit Enter,…that then scales down the height in proportion.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.