Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting images with transparency, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here's the file we made,…where were customizing layer effects.…Let's look at how we might Export this.…If we choose the JPG format,…then we can save this whatever size we want.…The trouble is that JPG is a flattened format.…It doesn't support transparency.…And if we wanted to export this for web use,…then we're stuck with that white background.…Instead, we might choose the PNG format.…
That stands for Portable Network Graphics.…This produces rather larger files,…but the advantage…is that it gets rid of all that white background.…At the moment, nothing is selected,…so it's going to Save…the whole document with the background.…Let's cancel that,…and select both of these layers.…Now, when we choose to Export,…we can tell Affinity Photo not to Export the whole document,…but to Export the Selection without background.…
That's still very big, at 872 kB,…but then, we made this file at a very large size.…If we take this back down to our, say, 800 pixels,…that brings that down to 134 kB, or thereabouts.…It's still quite large, but it will be best quality.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.