Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhance color images with Black & White, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Here's the Black & White adjustment…that we added previously.…Let's put it's dialog away.…Adding a Black & White adjustment to an image…of course, turns the whole thing into grayscale…but we can use this Black & White adjustment to affect…the image without making it entirely gray.…And we can do that by changing the mode of this layer.…So at the moment, the mode is Normal.…If we click on that and roll over it you can see there…it is with the gray simply darkening what's underneath.…
Some of the styles don't make any sense…with a black and white image on top of a color one…like Darker Colour.…Multiply will strengthen it and make the whole thing darker…and so on.…And we can run down the whole list of these…as we roll over each one, we see very clearly…the effect that it has.…Some of them are quite wacky, Difference for example…gives us quite a ghostly effect,…Exclusion gives us a negative effect, and so on.…Some of them work well,…some of them don't work so well but give them a try…and see what you think.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.