Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Distorting with the Perspective tool, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Here's a street scene…and here's a banner advertising Affinity Photo…and I want to put this banner onto the side of this bus.…So let's zoom in on this area.…And now let's choose the Perspective tool…down at the bottom of the toolbar.…We want just a single plane,…which I want to make it wrap around a corner.…
We grab one of these corners…and we drag it to where we want it.…And of course it's going to go haywire at first,…but then as we gradually get each corner…into its correct position,…we'll find that it makes much more sense.…To hide that grid, we can either press the space bar…which gives us the pan tool so I can pan it around…or we can just turn off the grid on here…and that gives us a very good perspective match…of this poster for the side of the bus.…
We just hit Apply…and there it is in place.…Let's zoom out so we can see the whole image.…Here's a slightly different example.…I want to adjust the perspective of this car…so it matches the street better…and we can do this two-point perspective…in a slightly different way, but with the same tool.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.