Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Distorting with Mesh Warp, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- The third warp tool I want to look at is the Mesh Warp.…And I want to use it to make this car look as if…it's leaping in the air.…To give it a bit more of a cartoon dynamism.…Down at the bottom here, where we had…the Perspective tool, if we click and hold,…we get the Mesh Warp Tool.…And this gives us handles at the corner.…And we can pick up each of these handles…and move them around.…And you can see how the car distorts as we drag.…
But each of the handles also has a bezier curve.…And that controls the shape of the outside…of this bounding box.…So we can use that to pick the car up,…give it a little bit more of a jaunty leap.…As I say, this is giving it a very cartoony look.…You could certainly use this tool very effectively…for producing a flag distortion, for example.…Or for making a banner hang from…a couple of supports.…
I want to go for this cartoon appearance here.…So that's the effect that I'm after in this case.…You should note that with this tool,…as with a perspective tool, once you hit the…Apply button, that's it.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.