Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing the image, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So here is our finished image as processed…in the RAW persona of Affinity Photo.…Remember we can always compare it with the original.…Let's go up to these buttons on the top,…and we can slide left and right.…There is our original image,…and there is the processed version.…If we don't want to do this sliding,…well, we can just drag the slider all the way to the left,…and then simply click on these buttons at the top…to see, there's the processed version,…and there is the original.…
The original was pale, washed out, uninspired.…It had this bowing of the image…caused by the lens distortion.…Altogether, a rather dull-looking photograph.…And we've ended up with something very much more dramatic…entirely within the RAW persona.…Now what's really good about this…is that even though we've made a large number…of corrections and alterations,…because it's all within the RAW persona,…we can go back at any time and change them.…
So for instance, we could make the whole image darker,…we could take the exposure down.…Or we could make it brighter again.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.