Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Desaturating using Selective Color, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We have made a number…of adjustments to this image.…But I'm now finding the blue of this dress…is much too strong and and distracting.…There's a couple of ways in which we can fix this.…Let's look at both of them.…We can go to the Layer menu, choose New Adjustment Layer…and Selective Color Adjustment.…And what this does is let you pick a target color.…We'll go for blues.…And it gives you these sliders in which you can adjust…the cyan, magenta, yellow and black components…that make up this blue.…
Now you might think that by dragging the cyan to the left…is going to lower the intensity after all.…Cyan is the closest color we have here to blue.…And so we'll take that down.…Actually it has very little effect.…And that's because this blue is mainly made up of magenta.…If we drag the magenta slider down...…That's now giving us a much paler version of the blue.…If we drag the black slider down,…that's going to brighten it all up.…
That's somewhat better but it still doesn't give us…the degree of control we want.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.