Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Darkening the screen, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- All looking good so far,…but this screen is much too bright.…Let's zoom in on it.…Now we've already made a selection of this screen,…and that's here, this layer called computer.…While we're at it, let's change it to screen.…We can load any layer as a selection…by holding the Command key…and clicking on its thumbnail.…There's our selection.…
Let's darken this up by going to the Layer menu…and choosing New Adjustment Layer and Exposure.…And all we want to do is to drag this to the left…so it darkens that up considerably.…And with this much darker,…it all looks a lot better.…When we Deselect, however,…we find there's a rather ugly white fringe…around the edge of this selection.…And the reason for that is…that when we selected the white of this screen,…the flood select tool didn't go right to the edges.…
Well, we can fix that.…Let's delete this exposure layer…and load that screen as a selection once more.…Command and click on the thumbnail.…We need to increase the size of this selection.…We'll go to the Select menu,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.