Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing shapes, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes the shapes we use…aren't exactly the way we want them…so we need to find out how to customize them afterwards.…Let's start off by drawing an arrow.…When you draw it, it comes out as this double-sided arrow.…There are controls to set each end,…so we could say, have a circle on one end or a box,…and in each case, you can drag the handle…and it will snap to being a square in this case.…
Let's set no end on the back of the arrow.…At the front, we can make it more or less pointy.…We can change the size of the end…and the thickness of the arrow,…and we can change the shape of the end of the arrow…to a barb or to a chevron.…Let's put this back to a regular arrow.…So, let's say we have to have this pointing…at something in our scene…but we want it to be a curved arrow.…
There's no way of making it curved…directly from the controls.…Once we've got the thickness…and the shape of the end that we want,…we can then click on this button…'Convert to curves'.…This turns it into a regular arrow shape…and it gives us this variant of the pen tool,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.