Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing layer effects, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- When you create a layer with shapes,…or in fact, draw them with pixels,…you can then apply a variety of special effects to it.…Here's how it works.…Let's use the Shapes Tool…to draw a simple donut.…We can now go to the Styles Panel,…and we could apply a variety of different styles…from these ones shown here.…But let's make our own.…I'll Delete that shape, and we'll start again.…
Rather than choosing a pre-made style,…we can go to the bottom of the Layers Panel,…and click on the Layer Effects button,…and this dialog comes up.…Here we can apply all kinds of effects.…We can apply a Blur to it,…and you can see how it blurs both sides,…inside and outside this object.…But let's turn that one off for now.…We can apply an Outer Shadow.…And to apply any of these styles, you have to check its box.…
To add the shadow, we'll increase the Radius,…which is the softness of the shadow,…and the Offset,…which is the distance from the object.…Increasing the Radius makes it softer,…and of course we can increase the Opacity as well.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.