Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an "out of bounds" effect, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- So here's our guitarist placed into our document.…Let's shrink him down and rotate him,…so he appears to be coming out of the screen.…We can grab a corner handle to shrink down…towards the opposite handle, and of course…that takes him off the bottom of the screen.…So we can pick him up and rotate him around.…Remember, the Rotate tool is this little handle…that sticks out of the top.…We'll bring him around like this,…shrink him a little bit more,…and let's get him into the position we want.…
And I think somewhere like that is going to look quite good.…In fact, let's make him a little bit bigger…and rotate a touch more.…But how do we make him appear…to be coming out of the screen?…Let's add a layer mask to this layer.…We can go to Layer and New Mask Layer.…There is the layer mask, and while we're here,…let's give this layer a name.…We'll double click the word Background and type in rockstar.…
Now let's go on to the computer layer.…We can take the magic wand tool…and click in the white on the computer layer.…And as we click and drag, you can see now…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.