Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating local enhancement with overlays, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- One of the things that most distinguishes…working with raw images is the fact…that in general we're working on the…entire image rather than selective…areas of it.…Well that's not entirely true because…even within the raw environment,…we can still operate selectively to some degree.…And here's how that works.…It all depends on using overlays.…So here, let's say this tower looks…rather too dark compared with the…brightness of the gates.…
So let's zoom in on the tower.…And the first thing we have to do is select it.…We can use this brush tool.…It's the overlay paint tool…and we simply brush over the area…you want to select.…We could make the size of the brush larger…using the square bracket keys,…As we drag, sometimes it can take awhile…for Affinity Photo to catch up with us.…
But when we complete our first brush stroke…and release the mouse button,…we now see the area we selected…highlighted in red.…It's not actually painting it red,…it's just showing the selection.…Now let's reduce the brush size…and we can paint around the edges…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.