Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating live filter layers, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- If you want to apply filters that you can change later,…don't apply them directly from the Filter menu.…But you can choose from the subset of those filters…that appears under Layer, and New Live Filter Layer.…And here you can see you've got some blur filters, the…sharpening filters, and some of these distortion filters.…Let's take a look at the Twirl Filter.…When you open it up, we don't see any change,…that's because the angle is set to zero.…So if we increase the angle, there in the middle,…you can see the image twirling.…
And you can increase the radius,…to make that twirl bigger.…And once again, just as with the Spherical Filter,…we can pick this up and move it where we want.…Now this is not a filter you're going to use very often.…But we'll use it as a test case.…Having got the settings we want, we have three options.…We can merge it into our layer, which I don't recommend…because it won't be live anymore.…We can delete it, which will simply dismiss the filter.…Or we can press the Reset button, and that will set…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.