Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the layer mode, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- There is our lighting filter nested…underneath our copy of the background.…As it's a separate layer,…we could change the mode of this layer.…In other words, change the way…in which the light is applied.…For the moment it's on normal…but if we click on the pop up menu,…we could try some of these different modes.…And you can see how they make…a subtle difference to the overall effect.…I like this effect: Hard Light.…
That gives it a much more atmospheric feel.…Of course, we could also reduce the…opacity of this lighting effect if we wanted to.…We could click on the slider…and change it this way.…Or indeed, we could use the number keys.…First of all, make sure the slider isn't visible…and now type four on your keyboard…for 40% opacity,…7 for 70% opacity,…and so on.…
So while 100% is maybe a little…bit too strong,…somewhere around about 80% I think…gives us a good balance.…Once again because this is a lighting layer,…we could change our minds at any time.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.