Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying lens correction, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Now that we've got the basic corrections done,…let's look at how we can fix this bulging effect…and that was caused by the camera lens.…To do this, we go to the Lens section of our RAW dialogue…and you can see there's a single Distortion slider here.…As we drag it, it makes the whole image bulge outwards…and we drag it the other way, it bulges inwards.…Now the question is how far do we drag it?…Well, that looks more or less straight,…but it's quite hard to see.…
So let's go to the View menu and turn on the grid.…And now we can see this grid overlaid on our image…and we can see it's further away at the top…than it is as the bottom…and there still appears to be a slight bulge in it.…So let's bring that down even more.…Dragging the slider is a little clumsy.…We can also use the up and down arrows here…to give finer adjustments.…Now that looks closer.…
The problem we've now got is it seems…to be leaning inwards slightly…and that's not to do with the bulging,…that's to do with the keystoning effect from…the top of the pillars being further away than the bottom.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.