Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply adjustments to preselected areas, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- Having applied all these adjustments to our image,…we now find,…there’s a bit of a problem going on in the highlights.…All of this has disappeared,…and it’s very hard to see what’s going on,…whereas previously, you could read the lettering in here.…So we need to find a way to tone down…just the highlights in the image.…The way to Select the highlights,…is to go to the Select Menu,…Select Tonal Range, and say Select Highlights.…But we’re rather surprised to find nothing happens.…
And that’s because we’re trying to Select the Highlights…on the Black and White Adjustment layer.…Let’s instead go to the Background layer,…and now when we go to Select Tonal Range,…Select Highlights,…you can see they are, in fact, selected.…So what adjustment do we use on this?…Well, since we want to darken it down,…the most obvious one, seems to me,…to make a new Exposure Adjustment.…
And when we have a selection active,…at the point we make a new adjustment layer,…it comes with a pre-made mask.…There it is.…That means we can now Deselect,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.