Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting tones with Curves and Split Toning, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- With the Tones controls…we're able to adjust the color and the saturation…of our entire image.…We can also tie that to Black & White.…Let's start off by checking the Curves dialogue,…and we see this.…And you think, well why is it called Curves…'cause all I'm seeing is a straight line?…And the reason is, if you click on that line…and you drag,…you do in fact, create a curve.…So pulling down on here darkens the image,…and pulling up will brighten it.…
We could also say,…well, yes, I want it a little bit brighter…but I would like more contrast…between the light and the shade.…Having clicked on there, that point…is going to stay where it is.…If we click above it and drag,…now we create this S-shaped curve…where it gets brighter in the highlights…and darker in the shadows.…It works rather like the Contrast control,…but it gives you much more fine degree…of control over what you're doing.…
And many people prefer to work this way…because it simply allows you to decide…what you want with much greater accuracy.…If you don't want to have this kind of shape at all,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.