Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding wall shadow, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- We're almost there.…Let's complete this montage…by adding a shadow of this man…on the wall behind him…cast by the light.…To get the shadow the same shape as him,…we can load him as a selection…by holding the Command key down…and clicking on the thumbnail for his layer…but when we do so,…it subtracts the area taken up by the mask.…In order to get the whole of the man,…we just disable the mask first…so hold the Shift key and click on the mask…and it's temporarily disabled.…
Now, when we hold Command…and click on the thumbnail,…he's entirely selected…and we can reveal that mask again.…Let's move down to the background…and let's make a new layer.…We want to move this over to the side.…So with one of the selection tools active,…we can just pick up and move the selection.…We want the line to be coming from the light…pointing down.…
So I think around about here looks good…because it's quite close to the wall.…Let's fill the selection.…We'll go to Edit and Fill…and the Fill dialogue comes up.…We can choose whatever color we like…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.