Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding and subtracting selections, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- I want to select all the panes of glass in this window,…but how do we do that because they're all discrete,…they don't join up.…Well, here's one way.…We can use the Marquee Tool to make our first selection.…So click in the top corner,…drag to the bottom right corner,…and there is our first pane.…If we now hold down the Ctrl key,…we can add to our selection.…So let's put in another one here.…
And we can repeat this process with the bottom two panes.…We can use the Ctrl key to add to the selection,…and now I can select that window,…and this one.…And I'm going down over the window boxes.…We can subtract those later.…The problem with this method, though,…is that there's no way of telling…if the tops of these windows and the sides…are going to line up perfectly…since they were each drawn as separate shapes.…
So here's another way of doing it.…We can click anywhere away from it to deselect.…I'm going to make a new selection, and this time,…I'm going to go from the top left corner…of the first window pane…all the way down to where the bottom right corner is…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.