Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding plasma glow, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- So our montage is looking all very well,…but it's not very exciting.…I want to get a sense of music…and a sense of the volume coming out of here.…We can't do it with sound but we can do it with images.…Let's open up a plasma ball.…And here's one I've saved earlier.…To get it in there, we'll copy…and paste.…
Let's drag it right to the top.…Of course, this is swamping the whole image,…and we can't see anything else.…But rather than reducing the opacity,…let's change the mode of this layer.…We can do this easily by clicking on the word Normal…which is the current mode,…and as we drag down we can see how the other modes look.…And the one that I want is one of these Light modes.…Vivid Light is much too strong.…Hard Light is better but too strong still.…
Soft Light, I think, is too weak.…Overlay mode, I think, is a good balance.…And it's easy to try all these out…and see the one that looks best for your image.…We'll choose Overlay.…So it's in there okay but it's rather too big.…We need to scale it down.…The trouble is we can't see the edges to scale it easily.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.