Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding depth of field blur, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- The lighting does a good job of drawing the viewer's focus…to the center of the image.…And that lamp really does now look like it's lit up.…But there's still too much extraneous detail in the edges,…and I think we could enhance the image…by having these somewhat out of focus…as though in the foreground.…We can do this by going to the Layer menu,…and we'll choose the Depth Of Field Filter.…And there's the control.…
Let's move this out of the way.…Again, we see nothing happening at first…because the Radius of the Blur is set to 0.…If we drag this up, you can see…how the edges go out of focus.…So here's how the controls work.…In the center, you can pick this up…and move it to set the focal point of the image.…The outer handle…sets the outer cone,…and that determines the point…at which the maximum Blur is applied.…
The inner one sets the falloff between the inner…and the outer cones.…Let's set it roundabout here,…and now, we have the effect of the tools in the foreground,…both in the left and the right,…being out of focus,…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.