Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the Shadows / Highlights filter, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- This image is certainly drawing the eye nicely,…but I'm concerned that the foreground is now…just a little bit too dark.…I don't want to go back and adjust the Lighting Filter…because I like the way it works.…So, let's fix that in a different way.…We'll go to the Layer menu again,…choose Live Filter Layer,…and now we can add the…Shadows and Highlights Filter.…And we want to brighten up the shadows,…so we just go the Shadow Strength slider,…pull it to the right,…and there you can see how these shadows…do brighten up.…
However, it's brightening up too much of the shadows.…Although I want to brighten them,…I want to brighten a narrower range of shadow.…So I'll take the Range slider and drag that to the left,…and now we've got the shadows brightened where we want them,…but unaffected in the areas we don't want them.…Just to compare,…this is how it was before the shadows behind its adjustment,…a bit too stark,…and there it is afterwards.…
I think the effect there may be a little bit too strong,…so rather than going back to the dialogue…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.