Join Steve Caplin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the Detect Edges filter, part of Affinity Photo Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- You'll notice that as we've added…our three adjustments to this layer,…in the form of our three live filters,…they're all nested underneath…the copy of this background.…As well as turning them on and off individually,…we can turn this whole copy of the background off.…And there is our original image.…This is the picture we started with,…and I hope you'll agree that this is…a significant improvement from what we had before.…Let's try adding a special effect to it.…
I'm going to take this original background layer…and drag it right to the top of the layer stack.…This time, I'm going to go to this Traditional Filters menu…and I'm going to apply Detect Edges.…It picks out the edges between areas of high contrast…and outlines them in white,…leaving the rest of the image black.…This completely swamps the image of course.…But suppose we change the mode of this…from Normal to Screen.…
In Screen mode, the black disappears,…and we only see the white.…And this now adds a faint drawing effect…to the whole image.…Let's zoom in.…
- Using Affinity Photo's raw controls
- Applying lens correction
- Removing chromatic aberration and fringing
- Reducing noise and sharpening photos
- Making and modifying selections in Affinity Photo
- Creating layer masks
- Making global adjustments
- Adjusting shadows and highlights
- Enhancing color
- Converting to black and white
- Applying standard and live filters
- Creating photomontages in Affinity Photo
- Working with image stacks
- Distorting images
- Exporting photos from Affinity Photo
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using the Raw Controls
2. Using Selection Tools
3. Advanced Selection Tools
4. Using Adjustments
5. Working with Filters
6. Creating Photomontages
7. Distortion and Special Effects
Distorting with Mesh Warp2m 18s
8. Text and Graphics
9. Exporting Images
Using the Export Persona2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.