Learn the special vector shapes that come with Affinity Designer and how to manipulate their parameters.
- [Instructor] So, in a previous video…I talked a little bit about special shapes,…but I want to go in to a little bit more detail about…how you could use the special shapes…to create original shapes.…Now, Affinity Designer comes with a bunch of special shapes.…So, before, I remember telling you how…to access these special shapes…by clicking on the special shape icon,…right here in the corner, and then you can scroll down…and choose any one of these special shapes.…Now, I'm not going to draw every one out for you,…but I do have a file with them all set up here.…
So, these are some common special shapes…that you may want to create and they're actually already…set up in a way that you can actually manipulate these,…and make them however you need to.…So, as you can see, I'm using the move tool…to select the special shapes, but what you'll notice,…there isn't a way for you…to manipulate the special shapes.…You have to engage the special shapes tool…by clicking on the tool, and you'll notice…that there's a little orange dot right there.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.