Learn about the power of layers and groups in object organization.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I'd like to take some time to talk about…using layers and groups for object management.…Now, you've watched me use the layers palette…in previous videos,…but I never went into detail into how this palette works,…and I'd like to do so now.…So, let's drag this palette out,…and I'm going to actually dock it over here…to the left hand side of my screen.…And you can do this with any palette…inside of Affinity Designer.…So, I'm just going to frame this up…by hitting Command-0,…and what you'll see is my layer here,…I have a bottle layer,…I have a floor plane,…and I have a background.…
Within the bottle layer, there are two objects.…So I have the bottle, and I have the label.…Now, let's just say I wanted to group those together.…I would click on the first item,…then I would hold down Shift,…and click on the second item.…Then, I'm going to hit Command-G on my keyboard.…And what you'll notice, it says group.…And I could just double-click that and say,…Bottle.…
And I know that it's a group…because it has this little drop down.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.