- [Instructor] I've provided exercise files to use in this course. If you open up the folder, you'll find chapters that correspond with the chapters that are in the course. If you click on one of those folders, you'll find the Affinity Designer files that I am using. If you click on one of those files, you could follow along. If you don't have access to these files, you can just watch the video and apply what you have learned to your own files.
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.