Learn how to create and manipulate Artboards.
- [Instructor] Artboards are discreet design areas…of any size within one document.…So you may have instances where you would use an artboard…to have a stationary system,…where you have a business card,…maybe you have a letterhead, an envelope,…and you want all that to be in one document…and not have to have separate documents…for each one of those.…Or maybe you're a storyboard artist…and you want to have multiple storyboard panels,…artboards would be a great solution for that.…Another instance of using artboards would be…if you were a UI developer,…and you have to show different screens.…
You don't want to have multiple documents for that,…you definitely want to use artboards.…So let me show you how to create an artboard first.…There's a few ways you can do it.…When you first make a file, you go to New,…and there's this little option down here that says,…Create artboard.…So I'm going to click on that.…Automatically it's labeled, Artboard1.…So I'm going to zoom back a little bit here,…just to show you another way you can create an artboard.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.