Learn how to use the Transform pallet for precision object manipulation.
- [Narrator] In the previous video,…I showed you how to scale, rotate, and share your objects…just by using the manipulation handles of the object.…But in this video, I'd like to show you…how to use the transform pallette.…The transform pallette is found…at the bottom right hand side of your screen…and if, for some reason that pallette isn't there,…just go up to…view,…studio, and then pick transform.…So right now I'm just going to click…and drag this pallette out,…just so we can have it a little bit closer…to our object here.…
I'm just going to scale this in a little bit here.…Now I'm going to select an object,…and all the information about where that object is…on its x and y coordinates is here,…the width and the height is here,…and also if it's constrained or not.…And then you have your rotation and your sheer.…On the left hand side,…you have what is your center point,…or your point of manipulation.…So this is the center,…and I can move this anywhere I want.…By moving this point on the object,…I'm telling Infinity Designer that I want to either rotate…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.