This video explains how to use the Pen tool to create unique shapes.
- [Instructor] In the previous section,…I told you there were four different types…of tools used to create vector lines and shapes,…and in this video we're going to use the Pen tool…to create the profile of a bottle.…We're only going to create half the profile…because in the following video…I'll show you how to go back, edit,…and manipulate the nodes to complete the bottle profile.…So in this file that I have set up for you,…I have a few layers set up in the Layers section…over here to the right-hand side.…And we have the background.…We have the completed bottle.…If you want to take a look and see how that looks completed,…you could just turn that on and off…by clicking this little check.…
And then above that, we have the template.…That's what you're seeing right now.…And then we have this layer that I want you to draw on.…So let's click on that layer.…Hit p on your keyboard to select the Pen tool,…remember, that's our shortcut.…And I'm going to zoom in a bit by hitting Command and plus.…And, like I said, we're only draw half this bottle.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.