Learn how to use the pallet features to manipulate and create beautiful typography.
- [Instructor] So up until now,…we've been using the text tool.…We used the Artistic text tool…and the Frame text tool…and every time we used that tool,…we were using the context menu bar up here at the top.…Now down here at the end,…there's some more advanced features.…I want to make sure that you guys are aware of them,…so that you can utilize them.…It's a little bit beyond this particular course,…so I won't go into too much detail,…but I just want you to be aware…of some of the features that were used…in the layout of this file.…
So you click on the character button here,…you get the character panel that pops up.…We're just going to get a little closer here on our graphic…by hitting command and plus.…What we were doing was, we were selecting…the subhead header here…and we are actually applying the point size…and we are choosing the font here.…We are saying if it were bold and all those features.…Same thing here, we were applying the text from here.…
But if you look at this character,…it also directly reflects what you see up here.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.