Learn about the power of the History panel and how to navigate large documents.
- The History panel allows you to track the changes…and return to an earlier point…in the development of your project.…So let me show you how that works in the system.…If you look here, I have these three objects:…headlight, the battery gauge, the gas gauge.…And I'm just going to make a few alterations here.…I want to maybe move this here.…Maybe I want to throw that here,…and then I'm going to add maybe an adjustment layer…to recolor it.…We'll make it something like this.…Then I might,…scale this down a little bit here like so.…
Maybe I'll move the whole thing towards the middle.…And so if you look down here at the History palette,…just going to drag that out so you could see.…Everything that I did was recorded,…and I can go back through all those stages…at any given time,…to a point where I'm happy with it.…Maybe I was happy at this point.…Then once I click in here,…and make some new changes,…it starts the recording all over again.…
So again, you see it keeps adding something new…every time I make a change.…Maybe hold down the option key here and drag.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.