This video explains how to use the Corner tool.
- [Instructor] So in the last video,…I showed you how to create a line…and then after that I showed you how to manipulate that line…and then we took that object and duplicated it…and made a bottle.…And if you notice, my line still wasn't quite perfect…because I am human and there are tools…to kind of help you get past that kind of thing.…So I'd like to bring your attention…to this tool on the left hand side.…It's called the corner tool…and if you hit C on your keyboard,…you can select that tool.…And I'm going to zoom in a little bit…and we're going to take a look at it, this.…
Now I drew this line a little bit different.…This was very simple to do, it's just straight lines.…And I did it so I can get this point across…of how easy it is to use this tool.…And you can quickly mimic this shape just by…going in and hitting C on your keyboard…'cause select that tool.…And click on the line.…And if you click on this little node,…right here in the corner,…you'll see you get this little circle.…
I'm going to drag that.…And you notice it's making a nice curve,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.