Become familiar with the various working environments.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like…to take a little time talking about personas.…Now you're probably wondering, what are personas?…And personas are unique to Affinity Designer.…Basically what a persona is is a working environment…that's unique to Affinity Designer.…When you open up the application,…you'll be working in the default Draw persona.…And in this environment, or workspace,…you could do things such as, you can draw lines…and shapes, you can add fills and transparencies,…you can create text, you can add and crop photos.…
And the next persona, basically this…is the Pixel persona.…You can make freehand shapes, you can…make brush-based selections, you could add pixels,…you could erase pixels, you could retouch…with the dedicated retouching tools.…And then in the last persona, which…is a persona that's mostly important…to people who are doing UI and UX design…where you need to export particular parts of your art.…So if you're working on an interface…and you need to export buttons, this is the persona…that you'd be working in.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.