Learn the various selection methods and how they can be utilized in the pixel persona.
- [Instructor] A layer mask is used to reveal portions…of a layer while the rest of the layer remains hidden.…This means that you can use the mask…as a non-destructive method of hiding parts of the image.…In Affinity Designer, there are two types…of masking possibilities.…There's the pixel mask and the vector mask.…And although they do the same thing,…how you go about implementing them are quite different.…So let's take a look at the pixel mask first.…Click here, I'm going to zoom in a bit so we can…get a little closer.…
And I already have a mask made but I'm going to…delete this so you guys can see how I created it.…So I'm going to hit delete on my keyboard,…and then I'm going to go over here and grab the…selection brush, and I'm just going to go and drag…over this image.…And that's good enough, I don't think I want to go…into too much detail here.…I could use the refine tool to really tighten that up…but this is good enough for these purposes here.…So now if you go over here to the layer section…and below, there's this little icon, it's called mask layer.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.