Learn about the power of Snapshot's ability to create document states you can go back to.
- [Instructor] Snapshots are a great way to store…the current state of your design…at a particular point in time,…hence the name Snapshots.…In this video I'll demonstrate how you can create,…restore, delete, and create new documents from a Snapshot.…So I have this layout for a UI for a mobile website,…and it's the about us page,…and I just want to try a couple…of different design variations.…Sometimes when you're creating designs…you can go down a path and do a bunch of things…and then you'll want to go back…and instead of Control + Z…and losing everything that you did,…you can save a Snapshot at that current point,…and then continue on creating a new design…and create a new Snapshot.…
Any time you go back to any one of those Snapshots…by restoring it…you go back to that point and you get all your layers…and everything is bundled up still available…to you at that point in time.…So let me show you what I mean.…If you look down here at the bottom…we have the History and the Navigator…and we went through that in the last video.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.