Learn how to activate force pixels and why pixel alignment is important.
- [Instructor] Snapping allows you to position objects…in a way that it locks onto other objects on your screen…such as lines grids, and other node points on your objects.…So here I have a little setup with the grid turned on,…and remember we can turn the grid on by hitting command,…apostrophe, to turn the grid on and off,…that's our shortcut.…And what you'll see here is each one…of these boxes represent of course the grid itself,…and I have an object here, which is this little block…and as you can see I'm moving it around arbitrarily,…and you can put it anywhere on this screen and it's…not snapping to anything.…
To engage snapping you need to go up to the top,…right hand side, click on snapping to turn it on,…and what you'll notice is it starts to lock,…and you see you get a little bit of a green highlight…and a red highlight for the horizontal…and vertical position.…I want to zoom in a little bit here, by hitting command plus…and you can also use the zoom tool by hitting Z…on your keyboard and dragging over that area,…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.