Become familiar with the varying document settings.
- [Instructor] I would like to take a moment…to go through the document settings.…If you go up to file, new,…you'll be presented with this new document settings window.…Now, at the top of the document settings window,…you'll see here it says type.…If you're working on print,…or if you're working on something…that's related to the web, or if you're working on a device,…you have these different selections here…that you can choose.…If I select device, what you'll notice is…it will populate automatically all the document units…and the color profile, and other options that are below.…
If I go back up to print, I just want to explain…to you the different between print and print (press-ready).…Print is if you're printing directly to a home printer…or a printer in your office.…Print (press-ready) will prepare your document…to be sent to a professional printer.…If you notice when I select print, it's RGB,…which most printers at home have RGB,…and print (press-ready) automatically…goes in to the CMY color space or color format.…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Designwith Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.