Learn how to set up margins and how to show and hide the rulers.
- [Instructor] Page margins allow you to design…with print in mind.…Page margins give an indication of the extent of the page…that will be printed when using the desktop printer.…Design elements positioned outside of the margins…may not be printed.…The margin's position of your document…can be customized manually…or by using the settings of the installed printer.…They're non-printing and non-exporting.…So, when we first created the file…by going to File, New,…I showed you down here where you can include margins,…so you can change your margin settings here…or can retrieve margins from a local printer…that's set as your default.…
For right now we're going to cancel that…because this document already has margins…and you can't see them right now…but we're going to turn them on…by going up to View, Show Margins…and now you can see that there is a blue line…surrounding this document…and those are your margins.…If you wanted to edit that margins,…all you have to do is click on Document Setup,…go to the Margins tab…and click Retrieve Margins for the Local Printer…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.