Learn how to set up guides with the guides manager.
- Guides can assist you in aligning shapes, images,…and text objects in your design.…In this movie, I'll show you two ways to create,…edit, and manipulate guides in your document.…The first way to create a guide in your document is by…enabling the rulers, by hitting cmd + r…or you can go to the top of the screen,…go to View, and Show Rulers.…And you can see here that there is a little shortcut…indicator here, and I've just turned them off,…so now I'll hit cmd + r again,…and if you go up to the top of the ruler…and you drag a guide down, you could manually place…a guide wherever you'd like.…
So I'm going to drag a guide here, and on the left hand side,…if I grab from the ruler and drag over here,…I can place a guide there.…Now, I'm going to hit cmd + plus sign (+) on my keyboard…to zoom in, and I'm going to hold the spacebar…to grab the hand tool to actually drag this around…so you could see.…And I could zoom in here really close.…As you can see, I can adjust the guide by clicking on…the guide itself and pulling it right into place…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.