Learn how to set up grids with the grid and axis manager.
- [Instructor] Grids are non-printing,…non-exporting types of lines that can…be displayed in order to help you…lay out objects accurately.…The grid is overlaid over your page…to help you align objects.…So first let me show you how to turn on grids.…There are two ways you can turn on grids.…You can go up to the top, go to View…and go down to Show Grid.…And you can see right here…the shortcut is Command-apostrophe.…So I could turn that on by using…Command-apostrophe on and off.…Second, let me show you how to use the Grid Manager.…
If you go up to View and go to Grid and Axis Manager,…you'll be presented with this dialog box.…You can turn your grid's visibility on…and off by clicking this checkbox…and you can use the automatic grid,…which usually is set by default but…the last setting that I chose had it off,…so you could turn that on and off.…And if I don't want to use the automatic grid,…I just turn it off and then I can adjust…the spacing and the division.…
And also, you could change the color…of the grid line, and let's use…
Here Ronnie McBride introduces the workflows and tools required to get up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with workspaces in Affinity Designer, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes. This course is designed to help artists feel more confident and become more proficient using Affinity Designer in their own work.
- Creating a new document
- Setting up margins, guides, and grids
- Snapping and aligning
- Drawing vector lines and shapes
- Using the Pen tool
- Creating and editing text
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Managing vector and pixel brushes
- Creating symbols
- Selecting areas and color ranges
- Using layer masks
- Creating layer effects and adjustment layers
- Exporting work
Skill Level Beginner
Affinity Photo Essential Trainingwith Steve Caplin3h 31m Beginner
Affinity Designer for UX Design (2016)with Ronnie McBride1h 18m Intermediate
Affinity Photo: Basic Portrait Retouchingwith Steve Caplin43m 8s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Preferences and Guides
3. Drawing Vectors Lines and Shapes
4. Manipulating and Managing Objects: Draw Persona
5. Understanding Panels
6. Selection Methods
7. Importing and Exporting Your Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.